Dalanda Maligawa (Temple Tooth)
temple tooth
Temple tooth is also called as Dalanda Maligawa. The Tooth Relic was brought in Sri Lanka in the 4th century (which has strong Buddhist traditions) by prince Dantha and princes Hemamala as expected by the king Guhasiva due to a war situation in India. In this temple is kept this tooth relic which is one of the Buddha's tooth. The Tooth Relic is located in the relic shrine, also called

Vedahitina Maligawa.
There fore this is the most sacred temple in the whole Sri Lanka and a most important place for the Buddhist and other too. Temple tooth is situated in Kandy which is the cultural capital city of Sri lanka and the temple was constructed in the 16th century. The temple has been commenced to constructed in 1687 and finished in 1782  by using ancient and strong technological methods. But new additions which were newly made can be seen in the present temple. According to the Buddhist culture, the temple follows a set of daily rituals and peoples have to follow a dress code and rules to enter the temple.

Sri Pada is a mountain which is also called as Samanala Kanda (Since more butterfly) and also Adam's Peak. Long before the Veddas worshiped the mountain considering their religion and considered as sacred. The Veddas are aboriginal inhabitants of Sri Lanka and they named it as Samanala Kanda. One of the four guardian duties was Saman. Several world travelers have being visited during the history itself.
This an important mountain because it is held sacrosanct by the followers of Buddhism, Hindus, Christians, and Muslims who are also today followers. The peak with mountain goes up sharply skywards from the verdant forest of south western zone of Sri Lanka. Some parts of the path of the mountain are extremely steep. Samanala Kanda seems also more impressive from the seaside.
There is a Footprint in the Sri Pada and the followers of four religions think variously about Footprint according to their beliefs.
A little Buddhist temple and shrine of the Saman with a strange footprint are on the flat form of 74*24 feet.
There are two ways to go to Sri Pada, one is eastern route and another is northern route. Any day or any time can be climbed the mountain with a risk (because of mist, rain, and dangerous animals), but pilgrimage season is from Desember to May to climb the mountain.

Anuradhapura is a most important and sacred district, town, and area for the Buddhists, as well as for the both foreign and local tourists. The city is one of the earliest, grandest monuments of Sri Lanka. Starting from 4th century BC Anuradhapura flourished for almost 1500 years as the first capital city of the Sri Lanka and Anuradhapura kingdom has lasted one thousand and five hundred years from 380 BC. This is a most popular destination for the Buddhists and tourists. In 380 BC, the king Pandukabaya has made Anuradhapura as royal capital. Some of the most famous and the tallest dagabas of Sri Lanka remains from places, temples, monasteries, ceremonial baths, royal park and the temple of the holy Bo Tree can be seen in this area.
 Anuradhapura is mostly famous for the Atamasthana, because of the eight particular warship places. 

1. Sri Maha Bodiya
sri mahabodiya
This is an offshoot of the historical Bo Tree under which Lord Buddha became enlightened. The offshoot has been planted in 288 BC and it is the oldest living and human planted tree in the world.

Ruwanweli seya has been built in the 2nd century BC and it is pride of great king emperor Dutumemunu. The king's statue is there in the courtyard watching himself his work from a respectable distance. This dageba has a perfect water bubble shape.

Thuparamaya is the oldest Dageba in Sri Lanaka and it is believed to be enshrine the collar bone relic of Lord Buddha. Thuparama Temple is close to the Thuparama Dageba.

Lowamahapaya is a complex which was once a structure of its own class, and it is also known as Brazen Place.

Abayagiri Dageba
 This is also with the Abayagiriya monastery and it is the largest monastery complex in the Anuradhapura kingdom. The Abayagiri Stupa is 108m tall and it is one of the tallest brick building of the ancient world.
jetawana sthupa
The Jethawana Stupa at Anuradhapura is interesting for several reasons. For one thing it is over 1524 years old. It is the largest solid brick structure of that period, equal in size to the third of the three great Pyramids of Egypt. Built by king Mahasena, it is one of the biggest Stupas in Asia with a height of 400 feet.

After defeating of king Elara, the great king Dutugemunu has built this Stupa.

The king Wlagamba has constructed Lankaramaya in a historical place.

Other particular places in Anuradhapura

This statue has been carved in 5th century and in the reign of king Datusena. The height of the statue is 13 meeters and carved out of solid granite. It has established about 50 km south east of Anuradhapura.

Isurumuniya Lovers
Isurumuniya Lovers is one of carving in Isurumuniya Temple. This temple has been built in the 3rd century and it is famous for rock carvings. It is believed that the carving may represent the prince Saliya who is son of the great king Dutugemunu and the Law-caste maiden whom Saliya lovered.

Samadhi Pilimaya is a statue which is meditating Lord Buddha and with 7 feet 3 inches (2.21 meters) height. it is considered that the statue has been during the 3rd or 4th century and made out of dolomite marble. Among the best Sculptures in the Anuradhapura area it is the most important one. When anyone is looking at the face of the statue in three sides, 3 different features show in three profile of the face (slight sadness, slightly smiling, natural feature)

Mihinthale is the place which Mihindu Thera firstly came to Sri Lanka to introduce Buddhism for the good of the Sri Lankan peoples. Mihindu Thera is the son of great Indian emperor Ashoka.

Polonnaruwa is the second medieval capital in Sri Lanka (11th- 12th century AD) and is a well preserved ancient & the best planned archeological city of Sri Lanka consisting with Dagebas, moonstones, beautiful parks, colossal structures, massive buildings, elegant statues and temples. The history of Polonnaruwa goes as far as 4th century BC. In this century a minister of king Vijaya has established a town as ("Vijitha Gama") in the area now called Kaduruwela. This area has gradually developed as a agricultural area with a complex irrigation systems and water servers.

As a shelter to escape the enemy, a king has constructed the Dambulla Temple in the first century BC. Consisting with five cave image houses and over 150 Buddha's statues the temple is a unique complex.

The famous Aluviharaya has a great historic importance, it is traced back to the 3rd century BC in the reign of king Devanampiyatissa. The Thripitaka which are the Buddhist scriptures (Vinaya Pitaka, Abidarma Pitaka, Sutra Pitaka) have been written on Ola books in Pali language by conclave of Buddhist monks in the Aloka Lena of the Aluviharaya Temple. It is most significance of the Aluviharaya temple. Surrounded by hills, at the present, the Temple has 13 rock caves including with Aloka Lena which was the Thripitaka have been written.

Sigiriya is popular among the tourists, visitors and pilgrims especially for the Sigiriya rock, gardens ans sanctuary, because of the historical value, attractions, and importance of the Buddhism. Sigiriya is in the north central province in Sri Lanka and the town has been commenced over more than 7000 years ago. Most of the paintings of the Sigiriya are about 1500 years old. During the reign of king Kashyapa, the ancient palace complex has been erected Kashyapa in 477 AD basically as a fortress and palace. After long time (in the 16th and 17th centuries) it became a monastic refuge. From the land surrounding of the Sigiriya, the rock has jut out 200m, anyone is wonderful to think how the peoples built it. The paintings of the rock are glorious examples to the classical realism of Sri Lanka as well as add attractions to the Sigiriya as ancient attributions. The rock with the summit, wild sanctuary, and gardens (water gardens, builder gardens, palace gardens and terrace garden) are the most significance parts of the Sigiriya.
Sigiriya has situated 183km from Colombo. This is a most suitable, attractive, wonderful and beautiful area and place to visit. Anyone can get comfortable accommodations close to the Sigiriya.

Since the days of the regional king Mahanaga in 3rd century BC, Tissamaharama (Magama) was a capital city of the Ruhuna from 3rd century to 11th century. Among the most popular and prominent monuments in the region and Sri Lanka which have been constructed during the reign of Mahanaga are Tissa Dageba, Ytala Dageba, Menic Viharaya, and Sandagiri Viharaya, those have dotted around the town but within few kilometers.

The adherents of all religions in Sri Lanka as well as both tourists of foreign and native use Katharagama as a popular pilgrimage destination. The history of this place dates back to 2nd century BC. The pilgrims consider a God is there in the place that has six faces and twelve arms, named as Skanda God as well as Katharagama God.

As the historical story, the great king Buwanekabahu (4) has established Gampola Kingdom (1341-1357 AD) mainly focusing Ambuluwawa peak. The height of the peak is 1965 feet from sea level and 365 from Gampola town.
About 200 kinds of plants belonging to 80 plant families have been found in this area and the mountain has surrounded with uniformly spread ever green forest, blossomed flower plants and creepers. Some other specific mountain in Sri lanak can be seen at the Ambuluwawa rock mountain, this view enrich the scenic beauty of the place, those are Piduruthalagala in the east, Bathalegoda or Bible rock in the west, Sri pada (Samanala Kanda or Adam's Peak) in the south Knackales range in the south, Hanthana and Hunnasgiri mountains are also clearly visible.
Water parks, stone parks, twin ponds and The Bo Sapling Obtained from the Sri Maha Bodi are the unique thing in the summit.

This is eatablished in Pinnawala (90km from Colombo and 3km from Rambukkana) and since 1975 for the elephants which are the biggest herds of captive elephants and the elephant orphanage is one of the popular places in Sri Lanaka. For the protection of the elephants this is one of the concrete steps taken by the Government of Sri Lanka for the world animals. This is the first of its kind in the world and one of the world's best elephants breeding centers; with abandoned, disabled and illness elephants. And the elephants have lot of love, care and protection in the orphanage. Various activities of the elephants and baby elephants  can be seen within the orphanage. The elephants are taken to the river for bathing and there is a specific time for bathing and feeding. Those activities are done by the protectors of the elephants in the orphanage.

This is a village on the route in the hill country. It has situated by the Kalani River about 45Km from Colombo. It was once a Portuguese fortress. After the Portuguese came to Sri Lanka in the early years of the 15th century Hanwella became an important place. It was on the route of armies both local and foreign. Camps were setup there in the times of war between Sinhala kings and Portuguese, Dutch and British armies. Remains of the fortress exist to this day in the grounds Hanwella Rest House, built in British times.
Modern Hanwella is no sleepy little hamlet. The majority of its inhabitants are farmers. Paddy, vegetables and fruits are widely and extensively grown.
A few miles from the main town is a Roman Catholic Convent. The nuns there have learnt the specialized art of nurturing silk worms and weaving the most beautiful  and softest natural silks in Sri Lanka.
At Hanwella, those traveling on to the high level road or branching off from the low level road from Colombo, get their first glimpse of Sri Pada.